Friday, February 25, 2011

The City (East)

February 25, 2011

Laura: We ended up going on this walk just randomly when we were near the area. It was nice to get another finished before we head into this very packed month. I hadn’t been back to the Tower of London area since we went there our very first week here in London. I liked going back. It is amazing how you can see such an old building surrounded by all of these new places and new technology. My favorite place on the walk was Leadenhall Market. We ate lunch there and did a little bit of shopping and got some delicious French desserts. I could have sat there and eaten all day. I want to go back and go to the museum by the Bank of England. It would be really interesting.


Maddy:

This was a surprisingly interesting walk. The City East walk led us through the aforementioned market and the Bank of England and surrounding area. I found this part of town especially interesting. This part of town was dead one minute and then crazy the next, as everyone was coming outside for their lunch break. Laura and I came back another day to go through the Bank of England museum--just one example of how the walks have pointed out areas of interest in London we might not have discovered otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment