Friday, February 25, 2011

Kew to Hammersmith

February 24, 2011

Laura: This walk was really long. It was nice walking along the Thames though. I always seem to find it so relaxing. It reminds me so much of home with the rocky beaches and the weather and the trees and just everything. I liked walking along the river and seeing all of the people out rowing and doing things out on their boats. It made me want to go out there and do something, especially since the weather was so nice. It was amazing how far we walked on this walk, it was incredibly long. I want to go back sometime in March or April and go to the Kew Gardens when they are in bloom. We saw many flowers along the walk that were starting to bloom so we are getting pretty close to that season and the time to go out and see gardens.

Maddy: Undoubtedly, my favorite walk yet. We decided to complete this walk last Thursday, when the weather was wonderful! It was almost 60 degrees out and we loved walking along the shore of the Thames with the sun shining. Blake led our group and did an excellent job of keeping us on task. Like Laura said, the shoreline experience reminded me so much of beaches in the Northwest and I loved being able to see that part of London. Between the bridge, the water, the sun and the flower patch we came across on our way home, it was a great day spent learning more about the area and having fun with each other.



Blake leading us on our walk.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you women aren't paying poor Blake better attention in this photo. The gets no respect. You've now completed the longest walk.

    ReplyDelete