Friday, February 25, 2011

Fleet Street and St. Paul's

February 17, 2011
Laura: This walk I went out with Maddy and Geoff. I have decided that it is a lot easier to go out and do the walks in smaller groups. You don’t have to constantly be worried about other people and you can go into all of the places that you want. I thought it was pretty cool seeing the area in London where the last hanging took place. I never really think of those types of things but I always think they are interesting when I hear about them. Even though we didn’t go into St. Paul’s we walked around the entire thing and went in the little courtyard area. It was really pretty and there were some interesting statues. I am really excited for when we go in as a group!

Maddy: This walk started with a trip to Chipotle for burritos. I think this might have been the only reason Geoff decided to come with us. Anyways, I loved seeing St. Paul's cathedral. It seemed to just rise up out of the city and I was surprised when we turned a corner and saw it towering over everything. Like Laura, I'm excited for when we go as a group to see the view of the city from the top. The walk led us through Fleet Street, an especially interesting place for communications majors like myself. Also, Fleet Street was the neighborhood of Sweeney Todd, one of the first serial killers, an especially interesting place for those that love tragedy and blood, like Geoff.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping Geoff get out on a walk, even if you had to lure him with Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete