Friday, February 25, 2011

Central Parks

February 4, 2011

Laura: I went and did the Central Parks walk with Maddy and Lyse and then Part of it with Geoff another day. I think this was my favorite walk. It was the most relaxing walk, just wandering through the park and strolling along at our own pace. We did the walk backwards since we live close to the end. It was fun and easy to follow. We took a lot of detours and walked around extra things we saw in the park. My favorite was walking around the little water fountain area near Lancaster gate. We sat there for a while and ate lunch. I also really liked the statue of Peter Pan; he is such a fun character. I liked in the book how it told us that J.M. Barrie had the statue erected overnight so that children would think the fairies had brought it. That is just so cute.

Maddy: I LOVE PARKS! What I liked best about this walk was how leisurely we decided to take it. We weren't in a hurry, we weren't stressed because certain members of our group felt the need to run everywhere, and we weren't wet because the sun was out! We grabbed some lunch to go from Tesco and ate lunch along the way. We enjoyed walking by the ponds and finally understanding how MASSIVE the park is. In between reading from the book and learning about the landmarks, Lyse, Laura and I discussed our high school loves (Laura just warned this might be too much information for our blog post). Sadly, Geoff was not there for this discussion. Mostly, I enjoyed the walk because it got us outside and allowed us to explore an area so close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment