Friday, January 28, 2011

Westbourne Park Station to Notting Hill

January 27th, 2011

Maddy: I had heard some discouraging words about this walk, so I was a bit surprised when I really enjoyed it. I loved exploring our neighborhood and seeing a less familiar end of it. In all honesty, I really loved all the shopping options. We completed this walk in two separate segments, one of which was during the Saturday market, and the shopping and energy of the neighborhood was so fun and exciting. The walk was more lively than others because there was so much going on. We ended up stopping at the Hummingbird Bakery for cupcakes, a vintage vender for earrings, and scouting out future real estate options among the pastel-colored houses.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura: This walk ended up being a lot longer than I thought it was going to be. There was a lot of walking through residential areas that wasn’t my favorite. I spent a lot of time walking along Portobello Road and looking in the little shops and spent a lot of my time wandering that street. My favorite part was the Hummingbird Bakery that we found. They have some really good cupcakes. I really liked towards the beginning of Portobello Road all of the houses that you see that are all of the different pastel colors. It is so unique and really pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment