Friday, January 28, 2011

Regent's Park

January 24, 2011

Maddy: This walk took us to an entirely new part of town. Making it to the top of the park was a bit of a hike, but once we got there it was an incredible view of the city. The walk took us to two different parks, one of which was beautifully landscaped with fountains and elaborate shrubs. It was especially nice to finish off the walk with this park, it was peaceful and relaxing and especially soothing because everyone seemed to be in a bit of a bad mood. Something about this walk that brought me some disappointment was the London Zoo. I was expecting something grand and exciting, but the zoo seemed a little dreary and out of place.

Lesson Learned on this walk: Stopping to take pictures of squirrels might put other members of the group in a foul mood.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura: Parks are some of my favorite places to go and spend my time. I find them to be really relaxing and a nice place to sit and mediate and think about life. I love Regents Park. It is so beautiful. I loved the landscaping of the park and all of the fountains that they have placed inside the park. On this walk I didn’t know what the book was talking about a lot of the time. When it would talk about all of the Terraces and buildings I didn’t know where they were or what I was supposed to be looking at. But I like walking around and seeing the little pond and all of the birds everywhere. It is just as I imagine England being.

No comments:

Post a Comment