Friday, January 28, 2011

Bankside and Southward

January 17th, 2011

Maddy:

I enjoyed this walk because it brought me along a side of London I had yet to explore. Throughout this walk I saw the Millennium Bridge, the Tower Bridge, the Tate Modern Museum and a variety of other notable landmarks.

To tell the truth, I was a little disappointed by the Tower Bridge. After all the age-old hype, I was expecting something a little more grandeur than the asphalt creation it really was. Even so, it's all okay because the Tower and Millennium Bridge are both fantastic in their own right.

My favorite part of the walk was being able to walk along the Thames River. Even though it was a little dirty and lackluster, I really enjoyed seeing some of London's natural landscape.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura: I really liked this walk and being able to walk along the Thames. It might be a very dirty and gross river but in a way I find it quite beautiful. It was fun finding the Borough Market. We went on a weekday so only a few food stands were open. I think it would be really fun to go back to the market when it is open and plan to do so before I leave. I really liked seeing the globe theatre up close. I have seen it before but from really far away. It has such great history. It would be really fun to go and see a play there. I think that my favorite part of the walk was just walking along the Thames and seeing all of the bridges. I also made it a point to walk across the London Bridge and the wibbly wobbly bridge. I am not sure what the actual name of that bridge is but it is the one that is in the Harry Potter movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment