Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Westminster and St James

March 20. 2011

Laura: I went on the Westminster walk at night since everyone said that they liked it best at night. All or the buildings lit up were beautiful. I think it is so cool living in London and just being able to hop on a bus and seeing places like Westminster and Parliament. When people think about London the Big Ben bell tower is what you think of and it is so neat that we are here and can see it anytime we want. Anyway, even though this walk was beautiful at night I kind of wish I had gone and done it during the day to see some of the statues and memorials better. I really liked the Greenwich time/date thing that was on the side walk on Abington Street right by Westminster. It was just a cool thing to see that I stopped and read and tried to figure out.

Maddy:

Similar to South Bank, I loved the scenes along this walk because they're such iconic London landmarks. I think the most intriguing part of the walk for myself was Number 10 Downing Street. Something I've been particularly interested in since coming to London is the way David Cameron and the Queen both act as primary public figures. It's interesting to compare Number 10 Downing Street to Buckingham Palace and the juxtaposition of tradition and modern government working in tandem.


No comments:

Post a Comment