Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bloomsbury


March 30, 2011

Laura: This was a great walk! One reason I really liked this one is because I am always in this area of town, but only to go to the British Museum. I never go further than that. I really liked walking Doughty Street where Charles Dickens and Sydney Smith both lived. I don’t think I can express enough how cool it is to be in all of these famous places and to see places where there is so much history. It is definitely one of my favorite reasons for being here. That is also why I love the British Museum so much. It’s amazing how much history is in that building, I could spend hours in there and not get bored. It was kind of cool to walk behind the building, all I ever do is go right to the entrance


Maddy:
As Laura said, we're often in this part of town on our visits to the British Museum. I already enjoy being in the area, but it was especially neat to learn some of the stories and history behind certain parts. For example, I loved reading in the guide book about Handel's concerts for orphans. Sometimes I forget how much history exists in the city around us. Reading about this story and seeing the exact place where the concerts took place served as a good reminder how deeply historical this city is.


1 comment:

  1. OK, Laura, you're now graduated from the London Walks course. This means that you are now qualified to lead walks in and around Rexburg, Idaho and other major cities.

    Thanks for getting the blogs posted.

    ReplyDelete