Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Final

Laura: I think that my favorite walk I went on was Regent's Park. Even though we had some trouble on that walk with angry people, and extremely slow people, I really enjoyed it. Partly because I enjoy walking out in nature and seeing all of the beauty around. I just love it.
The other two walks that I really enjoyed are the Bankside and Southward walk and Westbourne Park Station to Notting Hill. I really liked the Bankside and Southward because it was fun to get out into the city and see the Thames. I also thought it was really cool that we got to see the London Bridge. Tower of London is one of my favorite things in London so I always take the chance when I have it to walk past it (You also walk past the Tower on the City (East) walk). I liked the Westbourne Park Station to Notting Hill because it is so close to home. I think it is good for us to get out around where we are instead of just heading to the big things in London. It is really fun to walk down Portobello road and walk through the market. Even though a lot of the walk was residential its fun to see it because its where we live.

Maddy:
I present you with my top three favorite walks (and why):

1. Notting Hill
I loved this walk because it forced us to explore more deeply a part of our own neighborhood. Portobello road is so close and I loved exploring and navigating through with a purpose. It helped that this walk was littered with various bakeries and shops, which added the perfect distractions and pit stops throughout our walk.

2. South Bank
I loved this walk because it brought us to the heart of London. It seemed like we just spent a few hours wandering around and enjoying our landscape more than completing one of the assigned walks. Also, similar to Notting Hill, there were various places to stop for snacks, which always seems to lighten the mood and make for a more jovial experience.

3. Kew to Hammersmith
I know not everyone loved this walk. Yes, it was incredibly long. I'm not sure if I was in an exceptionally good mood, or if the beautiful weather made for an enhanced experience, but this was definitely one of my favorite walks. It seemed as though we just spent the whole time laughing and enjoying our walk through a less-explored part of London.

NOTE: I was the group leader for Sara, Julie, and Devon when they completed the Notting Hill walk. I had already done this walk, which made it especially easy to guide them but still enjoy it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment